Why do an engagement shoot?

engagements, Tips

Nov 24, 2018

posted on:

Savannah engagement photograper

I offer a free engagement shoot with all my full-day wedding packages. And here’s why!

  1. I want us to get to know each other.

    We’ll spend an hour and a half walking around the most beautiful spots in Savannah. (I have lots of locations suggestions!) And we’ll laugh and get acquainted. And at the end, I’ll give you a big hug and that will just have to hold you over until I arrive on wedding day with hugs all around!

  2. I want you to feel completely at ease about photos on your big day.

    On the engagement shoot, you’ll see that I will give you direction. You’ll realize that it’s easy to look comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. (About 99.2 percent of people tell me they feel awkward in front of the camera. And the other 0.8 percent just aren’t saying it out loud.) I get it. That’s why I’m going to tell you what to do. And you’ll be a natural!

  3. I want us to try out some locations that you might to use on wedding day for portraits.

    Many of my couples live elsewhere, and come to the most beautiful city on the planet to get married. The engagement shoot give us a chance to visit a few locations and see which you love most.

  4. The photos make great save-the-date cards.

    The images can also be a beautiful part of your reception decor. And art for your new home.

  5. And guess what? It doesn’t matter WHEN you do the shoot.

    Sometimes I do engagement shoots just days before the wedding. Many couples are planning from afar, and they can’t travel until the week of thewedding. No worries. The engagement shoot serves the same purpose whether the day before the wedding or a year before. It’s a perfect time for us to get to know each other and to get comfortable shooting!

Here are tips on getting ready for your engagement shoot!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.