You've got the Ring. Now what?
If you're ready to pop the question, I'm here to help you make this the most memorable, beautiful moment yet. And your partner will LOVE that you thought to have it professionally photographed.
I'll help you choose the perfect time and location. I'll catch that magic moment and all the joy! I'll give you suggestions for fun things to do while you're in Savannah. And I'll deliver images right away so you can share with family and friends.
I'm just a text or call away if you have any questions or need any help as you're planning this big moment!
Savannah has many EPIC locations to ask the epic question. Each has its own unique beauty and charm. So let's take a stroll through a few of the favorites! And I'm always here to help you choose.
Which location is right for you?
The fountain in Forsyth Park is the crown jewel of Savannah's famed historic district. It is without doubt the most photographed spot in the city and a definite favorite for proposals.
The park also has gorgeous oak-shaded lawns and the beautiful white-columned, gated Fragrance Garden. The residential area surrounding Forsyth Park features historic homes, wrought iron gates and ivy-covered walls that surround secret gardens.
1. Forsyth Park
Savannah was built on a grid that includes 22 small parks that we call "squares." Lafayette Square features a fountain and moss-draped oak trees. Towering beside it is The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.
Tybee Island is a 20 minute drive from Savannah's historic district. My favorite spot is on the very southernmost tip of the island, where it curves around into Tybee Creek. At sunset it is gorgeous!
I love shooting at the beach; however, with no shade, unless it's overcast, we need to wait until sunset, when the light is soft and warm.
4. Tybee Island
Wormsloe, a 15-minute drive south from Savannah's historic district, is famed for its epic, mile-long avenue of moss-draped oaks. The avenue is another of Savannah's most photographed scenes, but the property has areas on either side of the avenue that are actually my favorite!
The park is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and requires a $10 entry fee per person. I cover my own entry. The park charges a $25 professional photography fee. I add the fee to the invoice, and then arrive early to pay it and complete the paperwork.
Savannah has 22 squares in the historic district, and every one it beautiful. They feature fountains, a gazebo, and beautifully manicured lawns shaded by towering oaks.
I also LOVE Emmett Park on Bay Street. It has a double row of oaks, and surrounding it are the cobblestone streets and pedestrian bridges of Factors Walk.
3. Wormsloe Historic Site
5. Other favorite squares
Picking the right time of day is important for many reasons. We want gorgeous light. We want a time that the location isn't too crowded. We want a time that seems right and reasonable for a "dress-up" outing so your partner doesn't suspect a thing. I'll help you figure ALL that out!
1. We make a plan for the exact time and place of the proposal. I email you a diagram to show the optimal spot to propose.
2. On the day, you text me to let me know plan is on schedule. You take a selfie with your partner and text it to me so I know who to look for.
3. I arrive at the location at least 15 minutes in advance. I clear the area of people. I watch for you but don't acknowledge you other than maybe a quick nod and smile. I act like a tourist taking photos.
4. You get down on one knee, and you say ALL the sweet things. She cries. You cry. We all cry. And I'm snapping away the whole time.
5. Afterward we do a fun shoot, usually lasting about 30 minutes.
6. I edit the photos and send you an online gallery within 24-hours so you can share the happy news with friends and family.
1. Plan an outing - brunch or dinner or a carriage ride. (I can give you suggestions for that!) And then I'll help you plan the proposal to happen just after or before. It's a great way to get your partner to dress up a bit without suspecting what's coming.
2. If when it's time to propose, you see that people or cars (if we're at Wormsloe) are getting in your way, just wait. If they're taking their sweet time, I'll approach and whisper for them to move. Wait until it's the perfect moment.
3. You can buy pretty velvet ring boxes or personalized ring trays on Etsy. Search for "velvet ring box" or "personalized ring dish."
4. What if it rains? I'll be watching the wearther, and I'll text you. I can usually be very flexible, and we can find a time that is perfect!
5. What to wear? A tad dressy is fun. Jeans or pants with a nice dress shirt. A flowy dress for her. Muted colors.
Ready to make sure this moment is captured perfectly?
Let me know as far in advance as possible. And if I'm not available, I'll give you a list of other fabulous photographers!
I deliver a minimum of 50 edited, high-resolution images (no watermark, of course) in a beautiful online gallery with full rights for you to download, share and print.
The fee is $500.
I'll send an online contract and invoice, which you can pay securely online with debit or credit card.